A detailed guide for what to expect before, during and after your float
Interested in trying float therapy? Have you booked your float therapy session and unsure about what to expect. This step-by-step guide tells you exactly what you can expect with your first float therapy session at Sanctuary Float Spa.
Before your float
- When you enter our relaxing facility, you can expect a quiet, spa-like experience. Upon your arrival, our front desk will guide you to your private suite, show you how to use the float room, and answer any questions you may have.
- Inside your private suite, you’ll find a dressing area, shower, and float room, containing over 1,000 pounds of Epsom salt dissolved into purified water. Before every float, the entire volume of the water/salt solution is circulated and filtered at least three times using an advanced UV process and sterilized using a hydrogen peroxide solution.
- Each private suit is secure and has a locking mechanism. The glass doors to the float rooms do not latch or lock. Therefore, you can get out of the float room at any time.
- Prior to entering your float room, you will rinse off in the shower. This is to remove any products or lotions that may be on your skin.
During your float
- Once you’ve showered, you put in your complimentary earplugs (optional) and step inside your float room. The water is heated to the average human skin temperature of 93.5-95°F, which makes it virtually impossible to distinguish between your body and water.
- The amount of salt in the float room (combined with the water levels set to about a 12-inch depth) prevents the possibility of sinking. You will effortlessly float on the surface of the water. Even if you become so relaxed you fall asleep, it’s impossible to roll over or drown. There’s that much salt in the water!
- Once you are inside the float room, the timer starts (60 or 90 minutes) and the experience is up to you.
- We provide a “halo” to each floater (essentially, a pillow for the water that supports your neck). You can choose to use the halo or not.
- The rooms are designed to have as little noise as possible. There are multi-colored lights and relaxing music available in the float room, or you can opt for a completely silent and blacked-out float. You control this right from a switch within arm’s reach inside the float room.
- An advisable start to your float is to just focus on your breathing and allow yourself to become fully relaxed and still within the water. Some people like to meditate. Some fall asleep. Some use the time to reflect. And some focus on stretching and soothing sore muscles.
- Should you need any assistance during your float session, there is an intercom inside the float room that connects to the front desk.
- Once your scheduled time has elapsed, lights will come on in your float room.
After your float
- Exit the float room and immediately shower and shampoo to remove salt crystals from your body and hair.
- Your skin will not “prune up” in the float room due to the extremely high salt content. Most users experience softer, silkier skin resulting from the rich magnesium levels of the salt. Magnesium is a key mineral for physical relaxation and recovery, and science has proven that the best way to absorb magnesium in your body is through the skin.
- After your shower, you’ll get dressed inside the room. Clean towels are provided, as well as basic toiletries, such as body lotion, baby wipes, Kleenex, q-tips, disposable combs, and hair ties. We provide hair dryers in both of our bathrooms located across from the private float suites.
- Once you are ready, emerge from your private float suite. We suggest taking some time to enjoy our complimentary water and organic tea while you sit in our comfortable lounge at the front of the spa. This gives your more time to unwind and soak in your experience.
- Prior to leaving, we recommend booking your next float appointment at the front desk. And, be sure to ask about our current deals and promotions!
Enjoy 35% off your first float at Sanctuary Float Spa
Everyone’s float experience is different. However, most people usually need 2-3 floats before they start truly seeing the power of floating. The first time for most floaters is often spent getting used to the experience. Many floaters report acclimating to the experience over several sessions, with the experience improving each time they float.
Sanctuary Float Spa offers a truly unique float therapy experience. The largest float spa in the Twin Cities, Sanctuary Float Spa has five private float rooms that provide an ultra-relaxing session for mind and body.
New to Sanctuary Float Spa? Take advantage of our 35% off your first float introductory offer. Use code #NEWMEMBER when booking your float therapy session.
Book your float therapy session here.
For questions or assistance with booking, please call us at 952-405-6619